Pathways to Housing PA has adopted this policy to ensure respect for and discretion in the use of all information pertaining to individuals and organizations that have contributed, pledged, or may pledge gifts to our agency. Any information you provide to us with will be treated in agreement with the policies detailed below:
Summary: Please know that we do not release donor information outside of our organization unless specifically authorized by you, the donor. We do not sell, lend or otherwise share donor information to any outside parties, and shall protect each donor’s personal information regardless of the format in which it is recieved and held. We train our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organizational information.
Donors are requested to provide very limited personal information to Pathways in order to expedite the completion of contribution transactions, provide charitable gifting tax information, and facilitate donor recognition. This provision of personal information by the donor is completely voluntary. This information is retained in the financial records of Pathways to Housing PA for financial recording and IRS purposes.
Anonymity: Pathways exercises special caution to protect the identity of donors who wish to remain anonymous. The names of all anonymous donors, as well as other identifying information, are withheld on all donor-related documents.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life of everyone in our communities. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and future donors can have confidence in the organizations and causes they support, we acknowledge the following:
- Donors must be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Donors should know the identity of those serving on the organization's board of directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.Donors must have easy access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- Donors must be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were intended.
- Donors must receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Donors should be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- Donors can expect that all relationships with individuals representing Pathways will be professional in nature.
- Donors will be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- Donors should feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
We are truly grateful for every nickel entrusted to us to further our mission and thank you for taking the time to read through this document.