Case Managers, do you have a client who is looking for a transitional employment program?
We are hiring Warehouse Assistants for our Work First program! These are paid, part-time opportunities for people who have been out of the workforce for several reasons and need extra support in transitioning back to work.
Position Summary: The Warehouse Assistant helps Furniture Bank staff load and unload the truck with furniture, make deliveries to apartments, unloads the truck as it comes in with new furniture and picks up furniture donations from donors. Additionally, this position helps keep the warehouse clean, staged and organized; repairs, cleans and puts together furniture and assists with volunteer management. This position will interface with staff at furniture bank, volunteers, donors, community members and clients of the furniture bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up furniture from community and drop off furniture at PFB
- Ability to work as a team
- Unload and load truck with furniture
- Ride in truck throughout the day supporting the needs of the PFB Director
- Set up furniture in client homes when needed
- Interface with clients, donors, other warehouse staff and represent our mission well
- Heat treat furniture and rearrange furniture at PFB as needed
- Clean and repair furniture as needed
- Rearrange and stage furniture in warehouse
- Direct volunteers as needed
- Clean and maintain tidiness of warehouse and office space
- Others duties as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be respectful of property and careful in the homes of others and in the warehouse
- Must be sensitive to other staff members and donors and those with disabilities
- Must be able to positively represent PFB in the community
- Must be able to work independently and identify warehouse needs
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand for the majority of the day, walk, bend, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be in the community for 4-8 hours.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.