Help those in need during the Holidays!
Posted December 2, 2015
People always ask, “What can I do to help the homeless for the holidays?” At Pathways, we are all about filling needs. Here’s a quick list of ideas to help answer that question:
- Make a year-end gift to help with our mission on the DONATE page of this website.
- Shop at AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Pathways To Housing PA. Bookmark this link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/45-2612118 and support us every time you shop.
- While you’re there, you can also purchase something on our Amazon Wish List. These items are needed by our participants for their new homes and for our coffee service in the living room.
- Host a drive to collect food items for our pantry, helping to provide the first bags of groceries when homeless folks move into their new apartments. Here’s a great article that lists the most needed and least used items for food pantries: Foodlets.
- Be a Neighborhood Team Captain and organize a furniture drive for our Furniture Bank, or just round up some unneeded furniture that can help a poor family live better in their home.
- Come to one of our Homecoming Tours to learn more about us and meet some of the people we serve - and bring some friends along.
- Don’t be afraid to smile and say hello. No matter how a person looks or what your assumptions you may have of them, always remember that a person’s housing status does not determine their character.
Thank you for helping to make the holiday special for someone in need.