Peer Recovery Specialist Site Coordinator
Position Summary: The Peer Recovery Specialist Site Coordinator provides integral substance use recovery supports for participants and potential patients at Pathways to Housing PA, including but not limited to coordinating daily execution of medication assisted treatment (MAT) services. Supports participants in identifying needs and overcoming barriers to recovery including but not limited to integration of physical and behavioral health needs, social support, occupational and educational challenges, housing, and income stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Peer Recovery Specialist Site Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with other partnership Healthcare Services staff and patients to support patient health and well being
- Receive and follow up with warm-hand off contacts from Outreach team members
- Engage participants at Pathways to Housing PA regarding substance use harm reduction, treatment, and recovery as appropriate
- Support patients in development of individual recovery, relapse prevention, and harm reduction plans as appropriate
- Develop and encourage patient attainment of measurable action steps related to individual recovery plans
- Provide recovery education and support along the continuum from pre-treatment engagement to recovery engagement, stabilization, and maintenance
- Complete and follow up on prior authorization requests for buprenorphine and related medications
- Support patient participation in MAT group visits
- Complete MAT program intake assessments with Pathways & Project Home medical staff
- Conduct ASAM level of care assessments and assist patients in accessing higher levels of care (withdrawal management, inpatient stabilization, residential treatment, etc) as needed
- Assist participants in self-administering daily medication as prescribed per medication monitoring policy and protocols. Complete Medication Administration Record (MAR) and other medication associated logs daily
- Report care management activities and complete documentation in a timely manner
- Accompany patients/clients to critical health care or social service appointments
- Promote the utilization of resources within the community
- Teach and support acquisition and utilization of skills needed for recovery
- Help to facilitate the development of a sense of wellness and self-worth
- Participate in case review meetings as needed
- Participate in Pathways to Housing Pa, Behavioral Health, and MAT program meetings
- Engage in continuing professional development and training as identified and agreed upon with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Lived experience identifying as a person in recovery from substance use
- Demonstrate understanding and respect for each individual’s unique path to recovery, including support for medically assisted treatment options
- Completion of Peer Recovery Specialist curriculum (or completed within 6 months of hire)
- Minimum one year of experience as a peer recovery specialist
- Familiarity with medically assisted treatment options for opiate addiction
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Dedication to supporting others in ways that promotes dignity, build upon strengths, respects privacy and confidentiality, and supports trauma-informed recovery and wellness
- Active Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) or Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) credential preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Community environment. Constant interaction with agency clientele. Considerable walking and standing.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.