Office Manager - Philadelphia Furniture Bank
Posted November 5, 2019
Position Summary: The Office Manager is responsible for all administrative functions at PFB. S/he is tasked with purchasing equipment and supplies and scheduling tasks that facilitate a clean, welcoming environment where people have the tools they need to do their jobs. S/he provides operating support to the leadership of the Philadelphia Furniture Bank (PFB) to ensure its efficient operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond quickly to phone, email and web enquires about PFB, donations, etc.
• Coordinate and schedule furniture pickups and deliveries
• Manage inventory, in and out, in Salesforce database
• Manage Salesforce database with donation requests, client referral appointments and agency memberships
• Provide customer service support to Member Agencies: membership renewals, process new members, appointment reminders or other furniture appointment issues
• Keep track of calendar appointments and make changes as necessary
• Greet scheduled clients and case managers when they arrive at the PFB
• Conduct client furniture appointments: see what furniture they may have, and what they may need, and make notations on the Client Referral Form
• Provide administrative support to the Director and Assistant Director
• Manage purchasing, receipts and reconciliations
• Train, schedule and manage volunteers as personal shoppers and in helping to facilitate daily office tasks as needed
• Manage all financial/admin interactions with the main office at Pathways to Housing PA
• Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School diploma, some college/business school preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in office management/admin services
• Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
• Responsible, super organized and efficient
• Excellent communication and writing skills as well as computer literacy; experience with Microsoft Office products (especially excel) and use of the internet required.
• Comfortable using databases. Experience with Salesforce is a plus
• Excellent typing skills and knowledge of office equipment (fax machine, scanner, photocopier, etc.) use and maintenance
• Ability to work with diverse populations including clients and staff in critical and emergency situations
• Sensitive to cultural, economic, gender, and sexual orientation differences
• Bilingual/Spanish speaking is a plus, but not necessary
Volunteers doing admin work and personal shopping
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Mostly office and warehouse environment
• Frequent personal/phone/email interaction with member agency case managers and clientele
• Walking and standing, sitting for periods of time at a desk
• Ability to lift and carry small items such as lamps and picture frames.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
How to Apply:
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.