Electronic Health Record (EHR) Analyst
Position Summary: The Electronic Health Records (EHR) Analyst is responsible for the application, reporting and functional requirements of the Credible Behavioral Health Electronic Health Record for Pathways to Housing PA. The EHR Analyst is a member of the Credible Committee workgroup, and will be the PTHPA Credible Super User. The EHR Analyst will provide direct technical support for clinical and operational end users and high level front line customer service. The position will answer support calls from staff and solve/answer hardware/software/workflow questions related to the EHR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement Best Practices for the Credible EHR
- Develop and maintain working relationship with Credible Behavioral Health
- Develops and manages projects/schedules for all existing and new applications, including documentation of all workflows/procedures
- Develop and implement systems for measuring all existing and new clinical outcomes for both the Clinical and Housing Departments
- Develop systems and/or custom reports to monitor continuous quality improvement and compliance measures
- Analyze current applications to improve overall system functionality
- Work with external developers/consultants/providers and internal user groups for assigned applications
- Translates technical jargon into user friendly instructions and direction
- Works closely with staff to coordinate trainings on systems for all new and existing users
- Ensure assigned systems meet user requirements and needs
- Assess all user needs and develops custom reports and forms as required to improve EHR functionality
- Provides expertise and educates users on documentation and reporting functions of assigned applications
- Creates reports on application utilization
- Develops special user reports for assigned applications as well as requirements statement for vendors as needed
- Facilitate workflow and information flow between the Agency’s departments and administration.
- Works closely with IT staff to ensure systems are prepared to support all applications
- Documents all Credible EHR system changes including upgrades to the system and all policy changes
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two to three years EHR/Database manager experience
- Knowledge of electronic health records, system configuration, and billing systems
- Experience with Credible Behavioral Health Software a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
- Exposure to billing processes desired
- Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, basic computer concepts, operating systems and application software required
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with users and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical customers is required
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible based on changing business and training environment needs is required
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
PTHPA is housed in a Community environment and includes staff interaction with Agency participants.
Mostly office environment. Some light lifting is required. Significant sitting and computer work is required. Interaction with other agency employees.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.