Job Title: Development Associate FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
Department: Administration Supervisor: Director of Institutional Advancement
The Development Associate, working with the Director of Institutional Advancement, will support all fundraising activities for Pathways to Housing PA. The Associate will follow established protocols and contribute to improving processes and procedures for gift processing and database management. They will be detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills that will contribute to successful fundraising activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance the organization’s efforts to raise funds through all appropriate techniques, primarily through maintenance of donor information.
- Using Salesforce, track fundraising activities, including but not limited to gift processing, constituent contact information, prospects, and fundraising performance.
- Implement stewardship strategies and systems and generate regular acknowledgement letters.
- Update policies and procedures for gift processing, acknowledgement, and database management regularly.
- Assist in the creation of annual fundraising campaigns.
- Provide support for all major agency events.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and coordination.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and training in fundraising.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 1 or more years of experience in a related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in database management. Prior experience with Salesforce or equivalent constituent database is preferred, though not required.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to decipher and interpret incoming correspondence and recognize the significance for gifts or fundraising issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including mail merges).
Supervisory Responsibilities: None on staff, potential for internships and volunteers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Office and/or business environment. Some agency and community meetings and events. Attendance at fundraising and networking events. Some light lifting is required. Significant sitting and computer work is required. Significant interaction with agency clientele and the general public.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.