Data Entry / Billing Clerk
Posted February 4, 2020
Position Summary: The Data Entry/Billing Clerk performs tasks related to accurate billing and data entry, gathering support documentation, and entering participant or program results to various systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with Supervisor to meet internal and external billing deadlines
• Alerts appropriate persons regarding late or missing documents needed for billing
• Processes MA billing for FFS claims in accordance with payer requirements
• Gathers and submits documentation for timely appeals
• Collects and reports program data, including but not limited to, HMIS reporting
• Assists in the preparation and electronic submission of monthly grant invoices including gathering of supporting documents as required
• Performs other specific projects relating to data entry and billing as required and is able to create excel spreadsheets for ad hoc analysis
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with Clinical Team partners.
• Maintains the confidentiality of participants at all times
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
• Minimum high school diploma; Associates Degree in accounting or related field preferred
• At least two years’ experience in behavioral health or related billing experience
• Knowledge of billing procedures and electronic health records
• Knowledge of Credible Behavioral Health Software a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and basic computer concepts
• Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
• Perform accurate and efficient data entry
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
PTHPA is housed in a Community environment and includes staff interaction with Agency participants.
Mostly office environment. Some light lifting is required. Significant sitting and computer work is required. Interaction with other agency employees.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
How to Apply:
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.