Behavioral Health Therapist
Position Summary: The Behavioral Health Therapist provides individual and group therapy in a Community setting to adults with severe and persistent mental illness and addiction disorders utilizing evidence based practices. Provides person-centered, respectful, individualized, strengths based and mission driven care. The candidate needs to be flexible to meet the individual with where they are at in their recovery and collaborates with team members. Completes paperwork and documents all encounters, including therapy notes and treatment plans, in the Credible EHR system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct screenings to evaluate the needs of participants for behavioral health intervention, case management, or ongoing mental health or addiction treatment. Provide referrals where appropriate.
- Provide behavioral interventions to engage and motivate participants to actively manage their care. Conduct follow-up as appropriate based on assessment and treatment. Provide crisis management for clients as needed; make linkages for interventions as appropriate.
- Participate in ongoing training and provide consultation and training to primary care and clinic staff in mental health and behavioral health topics..
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with community providers. Initiate linkages, disseminate information and make referrals to the appropriate services as needed, in coordination with clinical teams.
- Accurately complete assessments mental health and psycho-social needs.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Plan goals and methods with participant for treatment, and implement plan.
- Provide effective therapy services as appropriate to participant need in the cooperation with other staff and providers.
- Evaluate the progress of the participant’s treatment at regular intervals with participant and team.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts to assess and improve organizational and departmental quality including participant satisfaction, peer review, and quality measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D and applicable licensure for the provision of therapy or
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling required
- Professional license required - Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Five (5) years’ experience working in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Mostly office environment but will require some work in participants home or community. Significant sitting and interaction with agency participants is required.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.