Assistant Director - Philadelphia Furniture Bank
Posted November 25, 2019
Position Summary: The Assistant Director supports the PFB Director with the general operations of the Furniture Bank including organizing the warehouse, overseeing appointments and delivery and pickup logistics. The Assistant Director also manages the transitional supported employment program staff in their day to day work. S/he will also coordinate volunteers and volunteer activity from the community at the Philadelphia Furniture Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Director with the general operations of the Furniture Bank, including but not limited to scheduling referrals from member agencies, scheduling/ coordinating deliveries and pickups as needed, truck driving and moving furniture when necessary.
• Manage volunteer and transitional employees work schedules at the PFB ensuring coverage for tasks as needed.
• Coordinate transitional employment program needs and activities with the Workforce Development Coordinator.
• Manage data to ensure that all client, donor and inventory information is accurate and can be reported on.
• Do outreach with social service organizations to promote our services and teach them how to use our system.
• Supervise the pick up, loading, unloading, and sorting of donated furniture from organizations and individual homes. Participate in these services when necessary.
• Provide daily direction to truck staff members.
• Participate in staff meetings, in-service training and staff development programs, professional meetings, conferences and related programs as requested.
• Work alongside and direct volunteers and interns, where applicable.
• Work with organizations and do outreach to facilitate volunteers and groups of volunteers and supervise them with tasks appropriate to their skill level.
• Coordinate with internship and volunteer sites. Conduct interviews and supervise interns\volunteers.
Supervisory Responsibility: Truck Drivers, Transitional Employees, Warehouse Volunteers
Essential Education, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3 years supervisory experience.
• Experience with Salesforce or other database preferred.
• Ability to drive a 16' or longer box truck.
• Valid Pennsylvania Driver's license and clean driving record.
• Experience working with people with behavioral health issues.
• Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and problem-solve, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Willingness and ability to interact positively and appropriately with very diverse populations.
• Computer literacy
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Constantly reaches outward while handling furniture.
• Occasionally reaches above shoulder.
• May push and pull up to 100 pounds while handling furniture.
• May stand, travel and walk while handling furniture.
• Frequently exchanges information through oral and written communication.
• Occasionally sits, climbs, squats, kneels, and bends while performing duties.
How to Apply:
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.