Assistant Director, Philadelphia Furniture Bank
Position Summary: The Assistant Director supports the PFB Director with the general operations of the Furniture Bank including organizing the warehouse, overseeing appointments and delivery and pickup logistics. The Assistant Director also manages the transitional employment of individuals who are coming out of homelessness and prison. S/he will manage the program including recruitment, interviewing and overseeing the program. S/he will also coordinate volunteers and supporters from the community at the Philadelphia Furniture Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director with the general operations of the Furniture Bank. Including but not limited to scheduling referrals from member agencies, scheduling/ coordinating deliveries and pickups as needed, truck driving and moving furniture when necessary.
- Manage volunteer and transitional employees work schedules at the PFB ensuring coverage for tasks as needed.
- Manage data to ensure that all client, donor and inventory information is accurate and can be reported on.
- Do outreach with social service organizations to promote our services and teach them how to use our system. Including a monthly email to our member agencies.
- Pick up, load, unload, and sort donated furniture from organizations and individual homes when needed.
- Provide daily direction to truck staff members.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training and staff development programs, professional meetings, conferences and related programs as requested.
- Communicate with team members at PTHPA and other member agencies about open positions at the Furniture Bank, the application process and about participants as needed.
- Partner with case workers of transitional employees to create goals for their employment time at the Furniture Bank as well as planning for their future employment.
- Work alongside and direct volunteers and interns, where applicable.
- Work with organizations and do outreach to facilitate volunteers and groups of volunteers (including volunteers at PTHPA) and supervise them with tasks appropriate to their skill level.
- Coordinate with internship and volunteer sites. Conduct interviews and supervise interns\volunteers.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience with salesforce or other database preferred.
- Ability to drive a 16' or longer box truck.
- Valid Pennsylvania State Driver's license and clean driving record.
- Experience working with people with mental health issues.
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and problem-solve, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to interact positively and appropriately with very diverse populations.
- Computer literacy
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently does both indoor and outdoor work in transporting furniture
- Constantly reaches outward while handling furniture
- Occasionally reaches above shoulder
- Frequently pushes and pulls 41-100 pounds multiple times per day while handling furniture
- Frequently stands, travels and walks while handling furniture
- Frequently exchanges information through oral and written communication
- Occasionally sits, climbs, squats, kneels, and bends while performing duties
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.