Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative functions supporting the housing department, including direct interaction with Pathways Participants, staff, landlords, and vendors. The role ensures that proper application of standard operating procedures, timely and accurate reporting, and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains housing files in accordance with Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and Office of Homeless Services Standards (OHS).
- Ensures timely an accurate data entry into housing database.
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, meeting/conference rooms, etc. Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Sort and distribute mail, prepare and send overnight packages and normal mail.
- Set up and manage paper and/or electronic filing systems; recording information, updating paperwork, maintaining documents and records.
- Answer telephones, give information to callers, take and retrieve messages, direct callers to appropriate staff. Greet visitors as required.
- Prepare correspondence including letters, e-mails, announcements, charts, graphs, presentations and forms.
- Operate office equipment including: computers, fax machines, copiers, phone systems.
- Complete required forms, records and reports in accordance with company procedures.
- Assist management and department staff with support tasks for the department or functional areas.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma, or GED, AND four (4) years administrative support experience;
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable, homeless, and/or formerly homeless individuals preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Community environment. Constant interaction with agency clientele. Considerable walking and standing is required.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in your email's subject line.