Social Work Training Specialist
Social Work Training Specialist
Position Summary: The Social Work Training Specialist supports the Director of Training and Technical Assistance in the daily operations of Housing First University to ensure that Pathways to Housing PA continues to establish its presence as a national thought leader for Housing First, Permanent Supported Housing, Harm Reduction, Integrated Care, and the other service delivery best practices, using a fee for service training business model.
This position will assist in developing, maintaining, and deploying training and curricula for providers, funders, and systems thinkers related to creating or expanding high quality housing and services solutions for vulnerable populations such as individuals experiencing homelessness, high users of health care, forensics-involved individuals, and those with behavioral health challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remains up to date with new training methods and techniques and selects appropriate training methods or activities for sites/audience.
- Assists in designing and maintaining educational curricula and presentations. Develops and implements training modules.
- Assists with proposal development, contracting, and invoicing for training and TA services.
- Ensures that all hard and digital materials are appropriately branded.
- Represent Pathways effectively at external events, ensuring the agency’s interests and reputation are maintained.
- Monitors and evaluates training program effectiveness. Develops evaluations and data reporting to demonstrate outcomes and successes.
- Assists with coordinating and providing trainings, webinars, experiential visits, and organizes training logistics.
- Assists with task managing HFU faculty, and staff from other agencies, who provide training and TA for Pathways to Housing PA.
- Assists with designing, preparing, and ordering educational aids and materials and ensures availability of training materials.
- Assists in maintaining accreditation status with relevant licensing bodies.
- Assists with scheduling, responding to training inquiries, creating and distributing training completion certificates, tracking outcomes and building reports for clients, and other administrative duties.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
The Social Work Training Specialist must believe in the core values of Pathways to Housing PA and be driven by our mission. That passion should shine through their work.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Education, or related degree.
- Minimum 2 years of direct service working with clients in a social service setting.
- Minimum 2 years of curricula development and training experience.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, and evaluate).
- Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage deliverables, budgets, and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Familiarity with harm reduction, person-first language, trauma informed care, and relevant concepts required.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, LGBTQIA, and socially diverse communities.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including competence with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Google Suite, Zoom, and Adobe Acrobat, with the ability to enter data electronically and conduct quality control of data.
- Demonstrated ability to use emerging technology for webinars, multi-user calls, and other web-based platforms.
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Active LSW/LCSW preferred, or eligibility for licensure.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to travel both locally and nationally to provide services/attend events is required. Office and/or business environment. Some agency and community meetings and events. Attendance at fundraising and networking events. Some light lifting is required. Significant sitting and computer work is required. Significant interaction with agency clientele and the general public.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.