The Program Assistant is a team member who provides administrative, clerical, and reception support for the Team and Medical Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, manage and ensure the efficient operation of the Team office.
- Serve as the receptionist for the Team.
- Provide computer/secretarial support to the Team and medical staff.
- Manage staff and consumer transportation needs including the purchase and distribution of tokens and transpasses.
- Coordinate timely/accurate check request submissions, distributions and reimbursements.
- Manage petty cash including receipts.
- Update and maintain consumer records and Team filing systems.
- Maintain and update relevant databases including the input of billing information.
- Prepare and submit monthly service and other required reports, as directed, to relevant licensing agencies and funding sources.
- Participate in daily Team meetings.
- Assist with coordination of consumer recreational activities.
- Maintain inventory of Team supplies; coordinate ordering with Pathways Administrative Assistant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations.
- Responsible, organized, and efficient.
- Excellent communication and writing skills as well as computer literacy; experience with Microsoft Office products, and use of the internet.
- Excellent typing skills and knowledge of office equipment (fax machine, scanner, photocopier, etc.) use and maintenance.
- Ability to work with diverse populations including clients and staff in critical and emergency situations.
- Sensitive to cultural, economic, gender, and sexual orientation differences
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Mostly office environment.
- Some light lifting is required.
- Significant sitting and computer work is required.
- Interaction with agency clientele.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.