Manager, Good Haul
Manager, Good Haul
Pathways is launching a new social enterprise to address economic barriers to housing stability for individuals at-risk for homelessness while offering a financially sustainable service to communities throughout Greater Philadelphia. This is a multi-service junk hauling business that provides employment for homeless and formerly homeless people with disabilities. Good Haul capitalizes on a growing business industry, leverages the existing infrastructure of the Philadelphia Furniture Bank (PFB), promotes environmental sustainability, and addresses social determinants impacting the health and housing stability of Philadelphians who lack access to employment. We are looking for an energetic, experienced, sales-minded, passionate Manager who believes in the value of running a social enterprise as a business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a creative and results-oriented team whose focus is to provide excellent service in every aspect of our business.
- Maintain a highly collaborative environment where team members have the opportunity to contribute and be heard.
- Ensure staff retention by contributing to a positive work environment and providing adequate training to new hires.
- Provide excellent customer service and tracking all client engagements in our Client Relationship Management database, Salesforce.
- Conduct Staff Meetings daily to review schedules and coach transitional employment staff on job skills.
- Ability to think quickly; this is a fast-paced environment and you'll need to be able to make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Critical thinking skills to constantly address problem-solving, booking jobs, and arranging routes.
- In our start-up phase, this role will oversee business start-up activities, which may include locating operating space, hiring staff, crafting policies and procedures, developing reporting, identifying technology needs, and office management.
Essential Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 3+ years experience in a management position, preferably sales management (retail experience accepted).
- 5+ years total sales experience (retail experience accepted)
- Strong phone presence as well as relationship building and communication skills
- Available to work 1st or 2nd shift as well as weekends
- High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Driver’s License, clean driving record, ability to drive a box truck (not CDL)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy and procedure manuals as well as communicate policies, procedures, and training materials orally.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in sensitive situations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Project Management skills preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and other technology
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM preferred
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other marginalized populations
Office Manager, Truck Team Lead(s), transitional employment workers
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Some office environment, sitting and computer work is required. Interaction with all levels of staff. Ability to drive a box truck safely through the city and surrounding area. Ability to lift, carry and move large, sometimes heavy, items and pieces of furniture.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.