Position Summary: The Maintenance & Housing Inspection Specialist is responsible for performing repairs and basic maintenance for participant’s apartments and program sites. They will also be responsible for maintaining (outside of Landlord responsibilities), furnishing and ensuring that all units meet inspection requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically assess apartments for general upkeep and needed repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain and document all maintenance requests.
- Transport staff/work teams, equipment and supplies to designated sites.
- Perform, as assigned, related tasks to keep apartments in habitable condition.
- Monitor and maintain maintenance tools and supplies.
- Perform small repairs; e.g. plumbing, carpentry, painting, and appliance maintenance.
- Ensure that smoke detectors and alarms are in working order at each job site.
- Perform seasonal maintenance/prevention in offices and apartments.
- Conducts pre-inspection assessments of units prior to scheduled inspection date.
- Prepare and submit Rent Reasonableness Certification after a unit passes inspection.
- Assist with the maintenance of participant files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years maintenance or construction experience .
- HQS certification required.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and the ability to drive a van.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to stand and walk for 8 hours and perform other physically demanding duties as directed.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Good judgment, flexibility and the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Patience, compassion, sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other underserved populations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Community environment. Daily driving to and from multiple job sites is required. Ability to lift 50 to 100 lbs. Considerable walking, standing and physical work with extremities is required. Considerable interaction with agency participants.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.