Request a Pick-up
Become a PFB Member Agency!
The Philadelphia Furniture Bank is not open to the public. Only clients who have been referred to us by Member Agencies are eligible to come to our warehouse to select furniture, ensuring that furniture is distributed DIRECTLY to families and individuals most in need.
Membership in the Philadelphia Furniture Bank is open to agencies that serve clients who are living without and cannot afford the most basic home furnishings, including:
- Those moving out of homelessness
- Victims of domestic violence
- Those suffering with mental illness or chemical dependency
- The working poor
- Young adults leaving foster care
- Refugee families
- Victims of personal and natural catastrophes
Member Agencies pay an annual fee and a $100 fee per referral.
To submit an applications for membership, please complete the form below or download a Membership Packet (link to the right) and return the application and requested attachments to start using our services.
Want to hear more? Join us for a Shop Talk tour and information session at the Furniture Bank!
Become a Member Agency
Refer a Client
Philadelphia Furniture Bank relies on a network of non-profit and governmental human service agencies to screen and pre-qualify clients for our program and accompany those clients to our warehouse to select their furniture. REFERRAL GUIDELINES • We only take referrals from Member Agencies. Make sure your Agency is a PFB Member Agency or complete the Member Agency form to apply for membership. • Clients can receive no-cost furniture from PFB once per life crisis. Ask your client if he or she has received furniture from PFB in the past. We’ll check our database to confirm the client’s history with PFB. PFB furniture is owned by your client and should move with your client if they change residences. • Referrals for clients who have received furniture previously will be reviewed by the PFB Program Manager to ensure that a new qualifying life crisis has occurred since the client’s last furniture order. • Our furniture is used and distributed by us “as is.” All upholstered furniture has been examined and treated for insect infestation and is certified as pest-free. There are no other guarantees as to the condition or functionality of our furniture. • Clients must make their own arrangements to take their furniture home with them on the same day, or prepay same day in cash, money order or agency check for curbside delivery.
The Philadelphia Furniture Bank relies on a network of non-profit and governmental human service agencies to screen and pre-qualify clients for our program and accompany those clients to our warehouse to select their furniture.
- Designated staff at member agencies make referrals for individuals and families in need. The referral form is part of the membership packet to be downloaded by using the blue button above.
- An appointment is scheduled once the referral is received.
- A casemanager or other staff member accompanies the client to the warehouse for their appointment to pick out their furnishings.
- Furniture is picked up during the appointment or delivered.
- A house or apartment is now a home!
For more information about appointments or referrals, please read through the membership packet thoroughly. If you still have questions, please email us or call 215.291.9830.
3650 I Street
Philadelphia, PA 19134