We are asking area artists and designers to consider being a part of this fundraiser through the donation of a piece of “upcycled” furniture, usually a chair, created specifically for the fundraising event. Pathways to Housing PA places no limits or restrictions on the artist or designer beyond the need for the piece to be a functional piece of furniture. The artist or designer agrees to make an in-kind contribution of the upcycled furniture, understanding that all proceeds from the auction/sale of the piece will be used to benefit The Philadelphia Furniture Bank.
Pathways to Housing PA will provide each artist or designer the opportunity to select a chair or other small furniture piece from the Furniture Bank, as well as providing a stipend of $250 to the artist or designer to help defray the cost of materials.Additionally, we will highlight participation through all media and promotions generated for the event, invitations to the event, and showcase the work on social media and our website.
- Artists and Designers of any experience level and media may submit work for consideration.
- Students enrolled in a full-time degree/certificate granting program are eligible.
- Artists and Designers must be local, currently residing in the five-county area for pick-up and delivery
Participants do not have to be experienced with furniture only – painters, mosaic and ceramic artists, crafters – are encouraged to apply as long as a chair is the foundation for the work.
Artists and Designers will be reviewed by a panel on the quality of work samples, the probability of successful execution and completion of project, and enthusiasm for the project as evidenced in a brief written statement
Completed Application Form that includes:
- Short Bio or Resume highlighting background and qualifications – can also be an attachment
- Brief Statement – 200 words - about interest in the project and what you might create
- Three to Five Work Samples or links to website
Click here for application
Submit digitally to email@example.com
January- Select Chairs from Philadelphia Furniture Bank
Feburary and March - Promote Artist, Finished Designs and Events on all media platforms.
March 9, 2018 – Finished Chairs Due to Pathways to Housing
April 19, 2018 – Philadelphia Chair Affair Event